Apologies, but no results were found.
Babak Mohamadpour Tosarkani
Graduate student supervisor
Supply Chain Management; Operations Management; Decision Support Systems; Sustainability; Healthcare Systems.
Courses & Teaching
Production Systems Management II (MANF 370), Life Cycle Analysis and Sustainability (MANF 450), Supply Chain Tactics and Strategies (MANF 460).
Dr. Babak Mohamadpour Tosarkani is an Assistant Professor at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Okanagan. He received his Ph.D. and M.A.Sc. in Mechanical and Industrial Engineering from Ryerson University.
Prior to joining the UBC faculty, Dr. Tosarkani was an Assistant Professor of Operations Research and Management Science at Shannon School of Business, Cape Breton University where he taught Operations Management, Logistics & Transportation, Quantitative Methods, Capstone Project, and Computers in Business.
Dr. Tosarkani is a licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Professional Engineers Ontario. He has more than four years of industrial experience as a Project Control Engineer in the oil and gas industry.
Ph.D. - Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
M.A.Sc. - Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada
M.B.A. - Finance, Multimedia University, Malaysia
B.Eng. - Industrial Engineering (System Analysis & Planning), Azad University, Iran
Research Interests & Projects
Dr. Tosarkani’s research interests include:
- Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Decision Support Systems
He has developed integrated methodologies to configure facility location models in different sectors, such as manufacturing, healthcare, energy, and agriculture. His research focuses on the application of possibilistic programming, robust optimization, and stochastic programming to deal with uncertain parameters (e.g., random variability and epistemic uncertainty) in decision-making problems.
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Tosarkani, B. M., Amin, S. H., & Zolfagharinia, H. (2020). A scenario-based robust possibilistic model for a multi-objective electronic reverse logistics network. International Journal of Production Economics, 224, 107557.
- Tosarkani, B. M., & Amin, S. H. (2020). A robust optimization model for designing a wastewater treatment network under uncertainty: Multi-objective approach. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 146, 106611.
- Afshari, H., Tosarkani, B. M., Jaber, M. Y., & Searcy, C. (2020). The effect of environmental and social value objectives on optimal design in industrial energy symbiosis: A multi-objective approach. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 158, 104825.
- Tosarkani, B. M., & Amin, S. H. (2019). An environmental optimization model to configure a hybrid forward and reverse supply chain network under uncertainty. Computers & Chemical Engineering, 121, 540-555.
- Tosarkani, B. M., & Amin, S. H. (2018). A multi-objective model to configure an electronic reverse logistics network and third party selection. Journal of Cleaner Production, 198, 662-682.
- Tosarkani, B. M., & Amin, S. H. (2018). A possibilistic solution to configure a battery closed-loop supply chain: multi-objective approach. Expert Systems with Applications, 92, 12-26.
Selected Grants & Awards
- Mitacs Accelerate
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS)
- Topic Editor, Sustainability
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.), Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
- Member, Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE)