Research Funding (2020)
NSERC Discovery Grant success rate
Papers published in Top 10 Journals (CiteScore)
For over a decade, researchers at the School of Engineering on UBC’s Okanagan campus have been building partnerships to innovate in areas as varied as fuel-cell technology, composite materials, wearable devices, wastewater recovery, microfluidics, industry 4.0, intelligent systems, smart materials, transportation and nano-technologies.
World-class faculty and facilities support many stakeholders in the community including students, industry, not-for-profit organizations, and the general public. Our research has been concentrated into five key research clusters:
Since its start in 2005, the School of Engineering has seen momentous growth in research and teaching infrastructure, as well as in its student body that now is over 1500 undergraduate and graduate students.
The School’s growth—and growing success in research endeavours—would not have been possible without the support of industry. We welcome new collaborations and inquiries about research partnerships.
BEHIND THE RESEARCH
Learn more about the team who empower researchers and collaborators to uncover solutions to the challenges of today and tomorrow.
State-of-the-art facilities play a pivotal role in research at the School of Engineering. These world-class laboratories empower researchers to uncover solutions to some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- UBCO team creates live technology to track shipping containers
- UBCO researchers suggest stool transplants can battle serious infections
- UBC Okanagan helps Arc’teryx stay green and dry with next-generation water-repellent fabrics
- UBCO researchers create liquid-repelling substance that works on all surfaces
- UBCO researchers team up with industry partner to clear the air
See more news