Labs & Facilities
The School of Engineering has world-class, state-of-the-art laboratory facilities.
- Advanced Control and Intelligent Systems (ACIS) Laboratory
- Advanced Materials for Energy Storage Lab
- Applied Micro & Nanosystems Facility
- Biological Solutions Laboratory
- Bioreactor Technology Group Laboratory
- Composites Research Network Okanagan Laboratory
- Energy Systems and Power Electronics Laboratory
- Facility for Environmental and Biological Imaging
- Integrated Optics Laboratory
- Life Cycle Management (LCM) Laboratory
- Micro-Electronics and Advanced Sensors Laboratory
- Okanagan Polymer Engineering Research & Applications (OPERA) Lab
- Research in the Advanced Thermo-Fluidic Laboratory (ATFL)
- RF and Microwave Technology Research Laboratory
- Sustainable Transport Safety Research Laboratory
Advanced Control and Intelligent Systems (ACIS) Laboratory
The Advanced Control and Intelligent Systems (ACIS) Laboratory at the University of British Columbia focuses on the theory and application of control systems engineering with a broad scope.
Biological Solutions Laboratory
The Biological Solutions Laboratory (BSL) develops solutions to difficult and unsolved environmental issues. The interdisciplinary group includes faculty and students with backgrounds in chemical, civil, electrical and mechanical engineering as well as chemistry and biology.