SoE Engineering Advising Office - Hours
- Our office is open Monday - Friday from 9am to 4pm
- Appointment Days: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (to book an appointment, please email email@example.com with details of the topic you wish to discuss)
- Walk-in Advising days: Tuesday and Thursday
- During the start of each term of the Winter Session: Engineering Advisors are available for sign-in appointments (please see the sign-up board on the 3rd floor of EME Tower 2 for available appointments). After the add/drop deadline we return to our regular schedule (see above).
- During the Registration Period (mid-June to mid-July): Engineering Advisors are available for appointments only.
The first- and second-year curriculum is common to all three School of Engineering programs and lays the foundation for engineering skills with integrated and project-based learning.
The third- and fourth-year programs continue to integrate project-based learning through civil engineering, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering projects and coursework.
Detailed course information for progression through all years can be found in the Academic Calendar.
For further Academic Advising information, please email Engineering Academic Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org, and allow for 3-5 business days response time during peak times (registration, first weeks of term, etc.).
Approved Humanities topics for Engineering students:
- Art History
- Cultural Studies
- English (not ENGL 112)
- Geography 128 or 129
- Indigenous Studies
- Philosophy (not PHIL 120 or 125)
- Political Science
COSC & MGMT Minor Application
Alpha Omega Epsilon
Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (APEGBC)
Canadian Society for Civil Engineers (CSCE)
Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineers (CSME)
Engineers Without Borders (EWB)
Engineering Society (EngSoc)
Global Engineering Community (GEC)
Sigma Phi Delta
UBC Okanagan Aero Club
UBC Okanagan BC Water & Waste Association Student Chapter (BCWWA)
UBC Okanagan IEEE Student Branch
Women in Engineering (WiE)
Co-Requisite Waiver Request Form
Students submitting a Co-Requisite Waiver Request must meet the following requirement:
1. If offered in the same term, students can request to take both the prerequisite course and the desired course concurrently, provided they have an overall average of at least 70%.
Degree Progression Letter Request
Enrollment of Undergraduate in Graduate Course
General Expense Claim Form
IURA - Award Information
IURA - Award Application Form
Late Withdrawal Request Form
Letter of Permission
Out-of-Time Final Exam Request Form
Prerequisite Waiver Request Form
Students submitting a Prerequisite Waiver Request must meet the following requirements:
1. Students must have an overall average of at least 55%, have taken the prerequisite course, and obtained 45% in the prerequisite course to be considered for a prerequisite waiver.
2. Students requesting access to courses for which they do not meet the year level may be considered if they have an average of 70% or above.
Scholarship Supplementary Information Form
Transfer Credit Application Form
Travel Expense Claim Form
Undergraduate Lab Equipment Request Form
Website Story Submission Form
For graduate studies course offerings in the upcoming semester:
Unofficial listings of engineering graduate studies courses
For the following, please consult the Student Service Centre:
Current Student Verification Letter
Tuition Fee Amounts and Summary
For the following, please contact your supervisor:
Course Selection and Advising
Credit Transfer Requests
Desk and Lab Space
Equipment and/or Software Requests
For the following, please contact Shannon Hohl:
Add/Change Supervisor and/or Committee Member
Candidacy Exam Scheduling
Course Audit Requests
Course Registration Issues
General Graduate Student Related Questions
Leave of Absence
Masters and PhD Defense Scheduling
Permanent Residency Letters
Program Completion Procedures
Registration in UBC Vancouver courses
Transfer Between School of Engineering Programs
For the following, please contact Angela Perry:
RA Payment and Payroll Issues (please check your paystub first)
For the following, please consult the College of Graduate Studies (COGS):
Annual Progress Report Forms and Information
Graduation Application and Questions
University Graduate Fellowship information
Scholarship and Award Opportunities
Western Dean's Agreement
For the following, please contact International Programs and Services:
Study Permit information
The policies pertaining to the PhD Candidacy Exam have recently been revised. Consult the below documents for further information:
Engineering Graduate Students Society
The Engineering Graduate Students Society (EGSS) is a student-runorganization representing engineering graduate students enrolled in PhD, MASc,and MEng programs on UBC's Okanagan campus. It’s objectives are to organize academic,social, and professional events and services for students as well as to facilitatecommunication between the students, the School of Engineering, and the StudentUnion of UBC Okanagan (UBCSUO).
The Annual Engineering Graduate Symposium is held annually at UBC’s Okanagan Campus. Attending graduate students are given the opportunity to showcase their research in oral presentation or poster format, with both options being judged and prizes awarded.
Anyone interested in volunteering or organizing the upcoming Symposium is encouraged to send the EGSS an email!
Last reviewed 9/17/2018 4:06:39 PM