New to UBC? https://students.ok.ubc.ca/new-to-ubc/
UBCO Student Union (UBCSUO) provides the following support:
- Extended Medical/Dental plans
UBC Student Services https://students.ok.ubc.ca/
International Students – guide to resources: https://students.ok.ubc.ca/international-students/
- Health Insurance,
- Events & Workshops,
- UBC Support and Resources
- Taxes, SIN#, ITN#
Connect with an International Programs & Services Advisor: https://students.ok.ubc.ca/international-students/contact-us/
College of Graduate Studies:
- Thesis & Dissertation planning and scheduling http://gradstudies.cms.ok.ubc.ca/academics/thesis-and-dissertation/
- Award Opportunities: http://gradstudies.cms.ok.ubc.ca/tuition-awards-and-finance/award-opportunities/
- Workshops & Events: http://gradstudies.cms.ok.ubc.ca/events-workshops/
- Conferral/Graduation: http://gradstudies.cms.ok.ubc.ca/academics/program-completion-and-graduation/
- College of Graduate Studies Policies and Procedures: https://gradstudies.ok.ubc.ca/policies-procedures/
- Forms: https://gradstudies.ok.ubc.ca/forms/
MASc students must be registered in ENGR 599 every term of their program
More information pertaining to MASc defence scheduling is available by contacting the School of Engineering’s Graduate Studies Administrative Assistant Shannon Hohl
PhD students must be registered in ENGR 699 every term of their program.
More info on: PHD Candidacy Exam, PHD Proposal Exam, PHD Dissertation defence
- Research Assistantship funding is provided by your supervisor
- TA positions – PhD and MASc students are eligible to apply for TA positions with the School of Engineering.
- For information: https://engineering.ok.ubc.ca/about/careers/
If you have additional questions about TA positions, please email email@example.com
- Payroll confirmation queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuition* fee payment options: https://students.ok.ubc.ca/courses-money-enrolment/finances/tuition-and-fees/pay-fees-and-accept-awards/
- *Tuition will be applied to your SSC account once you are registered in at least one course
- Permanent Residency letters: Submit form to the UBCO Payroll department (email@example.com) to obtain your statement of Earnings. The request form is available at https://finance.cms.ok.ubc.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/73/2020/10/Request-for-Information-2020.pdf.
- Forward your Statement of Earnings to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a School of Engineering PR letter
- Register for courses through your SSC account.
- Tuition will be applied to your SSC account once a student is registered in at least one course
- Consult your supervisor for course registration approval
- MASc and MEng students can apply up to 6 credits of undergraduate course credits (3XX, 4XX) toward their degrees. Master’s students are not required to meet pre-requisite requirements. For registration assistance, please email: email@example.com
- Registration Add/Drop deadlines: http://www.calendar.ubc.ca/okanagan/index.cfm?go=deadlines
- Audit requests or registration requests for programs outside of Engineering at UBC Okanagan campus: https://gradstudies.ok.ubc.ca/resources/forms/registration-audit-form/
- UBC Vancouver registration requests: https://gradstudies.ok.ubc.ca/resources/forms/registration-in-vancouver-courses-form/
Engineering Graduate Students Society
The Engineering Graduate Students Society (EGSS) is a student-run organization representing engineering graduate students enrolled in PhD, MASc, and MEng programs on UBC’s Okanagan campus. It’s objectives are to organize academic, social, and professional events and services for students as well as to facilitate communication between the students, the School of Engineering, and the Student Union of UBC Okanagan (UBCSUO).
Annual Engineering Graduate Symposium
The Annual Engineering Graduate Symposium is held annually at UBC’s Okanagan Campus. Attending graduate students are given the opportunity to showcase their research in oral presentation or poster format, with both options being judged and prizes awarded.
Anyone interested in volunteering or organizing the upcoming Symposium is encouraged to connect with EGSS.
Learn more about UBCO Clubs
Visit the UBCSUO Club Directory
Find all applicable School of Engineering forms at the below link. Most documents are in Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Word (.doc) formats