Apologies, but no results were found.
Seach Chyr (Ernest) Goh
Associate Professor of Teaching
Civil, MechanicalOffice: EME3239
Sustainable transportation. Enclosed narrow-track electric vehicles, with focus on: aerodynamics, ergonomics and practicality for commercialization.
Courses & Teaching
APSC 180 Statics; ENGR 380 Design of Machine Elements; VANT 151 Multidisciplinary Engineering Design Project; Supervision of industry-proposed capstone projects
Dr. Ernest Goh received his B.Eng and M.Eng degrees from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in Singapore. He taught college-level engineering for more than a decade before joining a consulting group, working on environmental and water technologies. In 2010 he joined NTU as a research associate and at the same time embarked on his Ph.D. studies, carrying out research which involved the tow testing and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) simulation of a wind turbine above a forward facing step. Upon completion, he joined the National University of Singapore, where he taught mechanical design related courses. He also started work on enclosed narrow-track electric vehicles and carried out wind tunnel testing and CFD simulations to optimise the aerodynamics of the enclosure. He joined the University of British Columbia – Okanagan campus as an instructor in 2016.
|Dr. Goh is a Certified SolidWorks Professional and has won these awards:
PhD – Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
MEng – Mechanical and Production Engineering (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
BEng – Mechanical and Production Engineering (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
Research Interests & Projects
- Sustainable transportation
- Enclosed narrow-track electric vehicles, with focus on:
- Ergonomics, and,
- Practicality for commercialization
Selected Publications & Presentations
- S. C. Goh, “Hybrid Prototyping and Sub-Teams in an Online Design Course”, Canadian Engineering Association Conference, Toronto, 2022.
- S. C. Goh, J. H. Eikenaar and M. Shirazi, “Coordinating the Instruction of Four Online Courses”, Canadian Engineering Education Association Virtual Conference, 2021.
- S. C. Goh, Y. Yan and J. Hopkinson, “Effectiveness of Media Modules for Blended Delivery”, American Society for Engineering Education, virtual conference, 2020.
- S. C. Goh and S. Siddiqua, “An Engineering Design Project to Provide Multi-Disciplinary Experiential Learning”, Canadian Engineering Association Conference, Ottawa, 2019.
- Y. Cao, S. C. Goh, A. Rteil, D. Roberts, andK. Golovin, “DiscoverE: an Outreach Program at the School of Engineering”, in Canadian Engineering Association Conference, Ottawa, 2019.
- N. Han, D. Zhao, J. U. Schluter, S. C. Goh, H. Zhao and X. Jin, “Performance evaluation of 3D printed miniature electromagnetic energy harvesters driven by air flow,” Applied Energy, vol. 178, pp. 672-680, 2016.
- S. C. Goh, R. B. Sethu, K. Chidambaresan and J. U. Schlueter, “Tow testing of savonius wind turbine above a bluff body complemented by CFD simulation,” Renewable Energy, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 332-345, 2015.
- S. C. Goh and J. U. Schlueter, “Numerical simulation of a Savonius turbine above an infinite-width forward facing step,” Wind Engineering, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 134-147, 2016.
- R. Acharya, P. H. Tan, T. Subramaniam, T. Tamura, K. C. Chua, S. C. Goh, C. M. Lim, S. Y. Goh, K. R. Chung and C. Law, “Automated identification of diabetic Type 2 subjects with and without neuropathy using wavelet transform on pedobarograph,” Journal of Medical Systems, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 21-29, 2008.
- R. Acharya, P. H. Tan, S. C. Goh and C. M. Lim, “Static and frequency domain analysis of plantar pressure distribution in obese and non-obese subjects,” Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapy, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 127-133, 2006.
- X. N. Ji, S. C. Goh and J. U. Schlueter, “Design and analysis of a SB-VAWT”, Asia Conference on Sustainability, Energy & the Environment, Osaka, 2011.
- H. L. Ng-Lee, S. C. Goh and A. Asundi, “Microlens testing – an application”, 9th International Symposium on Laser Metrology, Singapore, 2008.
- R. Acharya, P. H. Tan, S. C. Goh, C. M. Lim, K. C. Chua and J. S., “Frequency domain analysis of plantar pressure distribution in obese and non-obese subjects”, 15th International Conference on Mechanics in Medicine and Biology, Singapore, 2006.
- R. Ng., L. Y. Chan, S. C. Goh and T. Ashvin, “Design and development of an arthroscopic indentation instrument for in-vivo characterisation of cartilage material properties”, 3rd Scientific Meeting of the Biomedical Engineering Society of Singapore, Singapore, 2006.
- Wind Turbines and Aerodynamics Energy Harvesters, with D. Zhao, N. Han, J. E. Cater and A. Reinecke, 2019, 520 pages
- ‘O’ Level Design and Technology Examination Questions and Answers, 2004, 129 pages
- Pocket Study Guides: ‘O’ Level Design and Technology, 2003, 151 pages
- Longman Study Guides: ‘O’ Level Design and Technology, 2002, 73 pages
- Patent 97123: Four Rotor Internal Combustion Engine, Singapore, 1997
Selected Grants & Awards
From 2023 Aspire Learning and Teaching 2040 Fund, Development of formula-driven question bank for randomised practice assignments and assessments questions for first year engineering and science courses
2021 Open Educational Resources Grant, Development of formula-driven question bank for randomised in-lecture activities and tutorial questions for APSC181 Dynamics
2019-20 Aspire Learning and Teaching Fund, Modularisation of APSC180 Statics for delivery during terms of different durations (Winter 1, regular Summer, Vantage Summer) and to suit students with diverse prior knowledge
Canadian Engineering Education Association
American Society for Engineering Education
Society of Automotive Engineers