Apologies, but no results were found.
MechanicalOther Titles: Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) in Advanced Materials and Polymer Engineering
Office: EME 3207
Supervision: I am currently accepting graduate supervision requests
Synthesis of Multifunctional Conductive and Magnetic Nanomaterials; Polymer Processing and Forming; Multifunctional Polymer Nanocomposites; Gas Sensors; 3D Printed Polymer Nanocomposites
Courses & Teaching
ENGR 469: Polymer Engineering
ENGR 598: Advanced Polymer Science and Engineering
Mohammad Arjmand is an assistant professor at UBC Okanagan. He is also the expected Canada Research Chair (Tier 2) in Advanced Materials and Polymer Engineering. He received his PhD from the University of Calgary with a focus on electrical conductivity, electromagnetic interference shielding and dielectric properties of multi-walled carbon nanotube / polymer nanocomposites.
Dr. Arjmand’s core research is as follows:
- Polymer Processing, Forming, and Characterization
- Multifunctional Polymer Nanocomposites with a Wide Range of Properties, i.e., Electrical, Electromagnetic Shielding, Dielectric, Gas Sensing, Thermal, Mechanical, Rheological, Barrier, and Tribological.
- Conductive and Magnetic Nanomaterials Synthesis (Carbon Nanotube, Graphene, Graphene Nanoribbon, Metallic Nanowires and Metallic Nanoparticles)
- 3D Printing of Polymer Nanocomposites
- Gas Sensors
Dr. Arjmand has been recognized through numerous institutional, provincial, national and international awards during his academic career, including Distinguished Dissertation in the Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering at the University of Calgary (2014), Alberta Innovates – Technology Futures (AITF) Doctoral Scholarship ($63,000 for 2 years), Selected Candidate of the University of Calgary for Bill Bridger Award of Excellence, Meritorious Candidate of Scholarships and Fellowships Selection Committee of Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) for Postdoctoral Visiting Fellowship (VF) in Canadian Government Laboratories ($54,593 per year) (Declined), and Polymer Processing Society Young Researcher Travel Award. He has disseminated over 100 publications, including 1 book, 1 book chapter, 59 journal papers in high impact factor journals, and over 52 conference proceedings/abstracts.
The diverse and interdisciplinary nature of Dr. Arjmand’s research has resulted in collaborations with a variety of researchers from different disciplines, such as polymer, chemical, mechanical, materials, electrical and chemistry, and different countries like Canada, United States, Germany, India, Brazil and Iran.
Postdoctoral Fellow – University of Toronto, Canada
Guest Researcher – IPF, Dresden, Germany
Postdoctoral Fellow – University of Calgary, Canada
PhD – (Chemical/Polymer Engineering) University of Calgary, Canada
MSc – (Chemical/Polymer Engineering) Sharif University of Technology, Iran
BSc – (Chemical Engineering) Shiraz University, Iran
Selected Publications & Presentations
Full Publication List (Google Scholar)
- Arjmand M, Sadeghi S, Khajehpour M, Sundararaj U. Carbon Nanotube/Graphene Nanoribbon/Polyvinylidene Fluoride Nanocomposites. Rheological and Dielectric Properties. Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2017; 121: 169-181.
- Sharif F, Arjmand M (co-first author), Abbasi Moud A, Sundararaj U, Roberts E.P.L. Segregated Hybrid Graphene/Magnetite/PMMA Polymer Nanocomposites towards Electromagnetic Interference Shielding. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2017; 9: 14171-14179.
- Sadeghi S, Arjmand M (co-first author), Otero I, Yazdi AZ, Sundararaj U. Effect of Nanofiller Geometry on Network Formation in Polymeric Nanocomposites: Comparison of Rheological and Electrical Properties of Carbon Nanotube and Graphene Nanoribbon. Macromolecules, 2017;50: 3954-3967.
- Arjmand M, Chizari K, Krause B, Pötschke P, Sundararaj U. Effect of Synthesis Catalyst on Structure of Nitrogen-doped Carbon Nanotubes and Electrical Conductivity and Electromagnetic Interference Shielding of their Polymeric Nanocomposites.Carbon, 2016; 98: 358-372.
- Arjmand M, Sundararaj U. Effects of Nitrogen Doping on X-band Dielectric Properties of Carbon Nanotube/Polymer Nanocomposites. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2015; 7: 17844-50.
- Arjmand M, Sundararaj U. Electromagnetic Interference Shielding of Nitrogen-doped and Undoped Carbon Nanotube/Polyvinylidene Fluoride Nanocomposites: A Comparative Study. Composite Science & Technology, 2015; 118: 257-63.
- Arjmand M, Apperley T, Okoniewski M, Sundararaj U. Comparative Study of Electromagnetic Interference Shielding Properties of Injection Molded versus Compression Molded Multi-walled Carbon Nanotube/Polystyrene Composites. Carbon 2012; 50(14): 5126-5134.
- Arjmand M, Mahmoodi M, Gelves GA, Park S, Sundararaj U. Electrical and Electromagnetic Interference Shielding Properties of Flow-induced Oriented Carbon Nanotubes in Polycarbonate. Carbon 2011; 49: 3430-3440.