Apologies, but no results were found.
Graduate student supervisor
Cooperative communication systems; Cognitive radio systems; Hierarchical and multidimensional modulations
Courses & Teaching
Communications systems; Signal processing; Wireless communications; Analysis and design of communication networks; Random variables; Stochastic processes
Dr. Hossain has held research fellow appointments at Institut national de la recherche scientifique (INRS), Canada, Institute for Telecommunications research (ITR), Australia and McGill University, Canada. He has also gained practical experiences towards developing contemporary wireless communication systems through his industrial appointments. In particular, he has worked at Intel Inc., USA as a research intern and at Redline Communications, Canada as a senior systems engineer. His research has focused on developing bandwidth and energy efficient technologies for wireless systems, which lead to longer battery life and the ability to support high data rate applications for devices such as laptops, smart phones, and tablets.
PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering (University of British Columbia, Canada)
MASc., Electrical and Computer Engineering (University of Victoria, Canada)
BSc, Electrical and Electronic Engineering (ranked first, Bangladesh University of Engg. and Technol., Bangladesh)
Research Interests & Projects
- Cooperative communication systems
- Cognitive radio systems
- Hierarchical and multidimensional modulations
- Bit-interleaved-coded modulation
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Md. Z. Hassan, Md. J. Hossain, J. Cheng, and V. C. M. Leung, “Delay-QoS aware adaptive modulation and power allocation for dual channel coherent OWC,” Journal of Optical Communications and Networking, accepted for publication, Dec. 2017.
- H. Ghazzai, M. B. Ghorbel, A. Kadri, Md J. Hossain, and H. Menouar, “Energy-efficient management of unmanned aerial vehicles for underlay cognitive radio systems,” IEEE Tran. On Green Communications and Networking, pp. 434-443, vol. 1, Dec. 2017.
- Md. Z. Hassan, Md. J. Hossain, J. Cheng, and V. C. M. Leung, “Statistical delay-QoS aware joint power allocation and relaying link selection for free space optics based fronthaul networks,” IEEE Tran. on Communications, accepted for publication, Oct. 2017.
- Y. Dong, Md. J. Hossain, J. Cheng, and V. C. M. Leung, “Dynamic cross-layer beamforming in hybrid powered communication systems with harvest-use-trade strategy,” IEEE Tran. on Wireless Communications, accepted for publication, Oct. 2017.
- A. Alorainy and Md. J. Hossain, “Cross-layer performance of downlink dynamic cell selection with random packet scheduling and partial CQI feedback in wireless networks with cell sleeping,” accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, May 2017.
- H. Tabbassum, E. Hossain, and Md. J. Hossain, “Modeling and analysis of uplink non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA) in large-scale cellular networks using poisson cluster processes,” accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Communications, Apr. 2017.
- Y. Dong, X. Ge, Md. J. Hossain, J. Cheng, and V. Leung, “Proportional fairness based beamforming and signal splitting for MISO-SWIPT systems,” IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 21, No. 17, pp. 1135-1138, May 23, 2017.
- M. Hassan, Md. J. Hossain, and V. K. Bhargava, “Cooperative beamforming for cognitive-radio-based broadcasting systems in presence of asynchronous interference,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 66, No. 3, pp. 2311-2323, Mar. 2017.
- Z. Haijun, Y. Dong, J. Cheng, Md. J. Hossain, and V. Leung, “Fronthauling for 5G LTE-U ultra dense cloud small cell networks,” IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 23, pp. 48-53, Dec. 2016.
- S. Tharranetharan and Md. J. Hossain, “Data rate fairness cooperative beamforming techniques for cognitive radio systems in the presence of asynchronous interferences,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, Vol. 64, No. 10, pp. 4083-4096, Oct. 2016.
- M. Hassan, Md. J. Hossain, and V. K. Bhargava, “Distributed beamforming and autonomous participation decision making in cooperative CR systems in presence of asynchronous interference,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 5016-5029, Jul. 2016.
- E. Bedeer and Md. J. Hossain, “Performance of low-complexity uniform power loading OFDM systems with reduced feedback over Rayleigh fading channels,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 3783-3795, Jun. 2016.
- Md. Z. Hassan, Md. J. Hossain, J. Cheng, and V. Leung, “Subcarrier intensity modulated optical wireless communications: a survey from communication theory perspective. In: ZTE Communications, vol. 14, No. 2, Apr. 2016, 2-12. (Invited Paper)
- Md. Z. Hassan, Md. J. Hossain, J. Cheng, and V. Leung, “Effective capacity of coherent POLMUX OWC impaired by atmospheric turbulence and pointing errors,” J. Lightwave Technol. 34, 5007-5022 (2016).
- Y. Dong, Md. J. Hossain, and J. Cheng, “Performance of wireless powered amplify and forward relaying over Nakagami-m fading channels with nonlinear energy harvester,” IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 672-675, Apr. 2016.
Editor for IEEE Transactions on Communications
Co-chairing symposium on Next Generation Systems and Networks at the IWCMC’18
Editor for IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials