Apologies, but no results were found.
Associate Professor of Teaching
Electrical, Engineering, School of EngineeringOther Titles: Coordinator of Mechatronics Engineering
Conducting fundamental research on engineering learning and bridging research and practice; Identifying the reasons why effective practices work; Assessing how students learn, and moving those findings into the classrooms of tomorrow's engineers; Mental Health and Well-being of students.
Courses & Teaching
Real-Time Embedded Systems Design; Advanced Digital Systems Design; Microcomputer Engineering (Embedded Systems & Microprocessor Interfacing); Digital Logic Design; Electric Circuits & Power; Numerical Methods for Engineers.
Dr. Ayman Elnaggar started his tenure track career with UBC Okanagan in July 2014. He has more than 25 years of industrial and academic experience locally and internationally. He has developed and taught many undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the areas of Embedded and Digital System Designs, Computer Architecture and Organization, and Computer Networks. He has coordinated many University/Academic programs with many leading technology providers such as ARM University, Intel Embedded, Intel FPGAs, Cisco Academy, Altera University, and Xilinx University Programs. He has proven records of engaging industries in the development and the delivery of his courses.
He is the founder of the Mechatronics Engineering Option at the School of Engineering (established in 2017). Since then he has been coordinating the Option’s activities with different stakeholders.
He also established the Dual Credit Program at the School of Engineering in collaboration with School District 23. He started many initiative towards students’ wellness and mental health such as coordinating midterm exams. His most recent contribution is leading the development of a proposal to introduce a “Fall Reading Week” to UBC. His proposal has been recognized by the Senate Curriculum Committee as well as by the Provost office, and is now being considered for implementation and deployment across both UBC’s Okanagan and Vancouver campuses.
His current research area is on engineering education.
PhD – Computer Engineering (UBC, Vancouver)
BSc – Communications & Electronics Engineering (Cairo University)
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Ayman Elnaggar & Megan Lochhead, “Towards a Fall Wellbeing Week at UBC,” 2019 Canadian Engineering Education Association (CEEA-ACEG19) Conference, University of Ottawa; June 9-12, 2019.
- Ayman Elnaggar, “Industry-University Collaboration in Course Development and Delivery: A Case Study at the School of Engineering, UBC,” 14th Annual Learning Conference, UBC, May 2-3, 2018.
- Claire Yan, Ayman Elnaggar, “Using Formative Feedback to Encourage Student Engagement in Engineering Classes,” 13th Annual Learning Conference, UBC, May 3-4, 2017.
- Jannik Eikenaar, Ayman Elnaggar, and Megan Lochhead, “Coordinating Assessments at the School of Engineering,” 13th Annual Learning Conference, UBC, May 3-4, 2017.
- Ayman Elnaggar, “Improving Math Skills for First Year Students,” 11th Annual Learning Conference, UBC, 2015.
Selected Grants & Awards
– Outstanding Service Award, School of Engineering, UBC, (2019)
– Pioneer Award for Excellence in Teaching, School of Engineering, UBC, (2018)
– Educational Leadership Award, School of Engineering, UBC, (2018)
– Outstanding Service Award, School of Engineering, UBC, (2017)