Apologies, but no results were found.
Electrical, Engineering, School of EngineeringOther Titles: Coordinator of Mechatronics Engineering Option, Coordinator of Vantage Program
. Conducting fundamental research on engineering learning and bridging
research and practice,
. Identifying the reasons why effective practices work,
. Assessing how students learn, and moving those findings into the classrooms
of tomorrow's engineers.
Courses & Teaching
. Real-Time Embedded Systems Design
. Advanced Digital Systems Design
. Microcomputer Engineering (Embedded Systems & Microprocessor
. Digital Logic Design
. Electric Circuits & Power
. Numerical Methods for Engineers
Dr Ayman Elnaggar started his tenure track career with UBC Okanagan in July 2014. He has more than 25 years of industrial and academic experience locally and internationally. He is the founder of the Mechatronics Engineering Option at the School of Engineering in 2017. Since then he has been coordinating the Option’s activities with different stakeholders. He has also established the Dual Credit Program at the School of Engineering in collaboration with School District 23. His most recent contribution is enhancing the mental health and wellbeing of UBC’s community by leading the development of a proposal to introduce a “Fall Reading Week” to UBC. His proposal has been recognized by the Senate Curriculum Committee as well as by the Provost office and is now being considered for implementation and deployment on both Kelowna and Vancouver campuses. His current research area is on engineering education.
PhD – Electrical Engineering (UBC, Vancouver)
BSc – Communications & Electronics Engineering (Cairo University)
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Ayman Elnaggar & Megan Lochhead, “Towards a Fall Wellbeing Week at UBC,” 2019 Canadian Engineering Education Association (CEEA-ACEG19) Conference, University of Ottawa; June 9-12, 2019.
- Ayman Elnaggar, “Industry-University Collaboration in Course Development and Delivery: A Case Study at the School of Engineering, UBC,” 14th Annual Learning Conference, UBC, May 2-3, 2018.
- Claire Yan, Ayman Elnaggar, “Using Formative Feedback to Encourage Student Engagement in Engineering Classes,” 13th Annual Learning Conference, UBC, May 3-4, 2017.
- Jannik Eikenaar, Ayman Elnaggar, and Megan Lochhead, “Coordinating Assessments at the School of Engineering,” 13th Annual Learning Conference, UBC, May 3-4, 2017.
- Ayman Elnaggar, “Improving Math Skills for First Year Students,” 11th Annual Learning Conference, UBC, 2015.